Knowing a little help can make a big difference, but conscious that the wrong delivery can have negative results, Jo and her fellow trustee, Tanya, put their heads together and set up Harnessing Opportunities through Play and Education (HOPE) as a registered charity in England & Wales with the aim to raise awareness and funds to support existing programmes in Cambodia assisting young people with their education and social development.
HOPE is seeking to support existing programmes assisting young people with their education and social development where
- there is a need for further funding to expand either the variety of their activities such as extra provision in, for example, English, life-skills or computer classes, or increase the number of young people they can support
- the trustees strongly believe it will make a permanent difference / improvement to the young people in the programmes
- progress and results of the programme(s) can be monitored
HOPE does not intend to re-invent the wheel, duplicate effort or waste money on unnecessary admin costs, and HOPE aims to raise awareness and funds in support of the above activities by many means including (but not exclusively)
- a series of sponsorship events that individual trustees will undertake including an annual bike challenge, charity runs and dragon boat racing
- corporate sponsorships – primarily from, but not limited to, companies in the travel and tourism industry
Cambodia has seen a rapid growth as an exciting tourist destination and has well and truly placed itself on the global travellers’ map. As a result, many of the young people HOPE supports will undoubtedly be seeking employment in this industry in due course.
- grant applications
- personal donations
Latest posts by Mekong Experiences (see all)
- Khmer Art Connections - 18 June 2019
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. - 5 June 2019
- This Life Cambodia: Ten years keeping families together - 18 January 2018
You might also like these articles